Did you know...
- Half of LGBT people (52 per cent) said they’ve experienced depression in the last year.
- One in eight LGBT people aged 18-24 (13 per cent) said they’ve attempted to take their own life in the last year.
- Almost half of trans people (46 per cent) have thought about taking their own life in the last year, 31 per cent of LGB people who aren’t trans said the same.
- Forty-one per cent of non-binary people said they harmed themselves in the last year compared to 20 per cent of LGBT women and 12 per cent of GBT men.
- One in six LGBT people (16 per cent) said they drank alcohol almost every day over the last year.
- One in eight LGBT people aged 18-24 (13 per cent) took drugs at least once a month.
- One in eight LGBT people (13 per cent) have experienced some form of unequal treatment from healthcare staff because they’re LGBT.
- Almost one in four LGBT people (23 per cent) have witnessed discriminatory or negative remarks against LGBT people by healthcare staff. In the last year alone, six per cent of LGBT people – including 20 per cent of trans people – have witnessed these remarks.
- One in twenty LGBT people (five per cent) have been pressured to access services to question or change their sexual orientation when accessing healthcare services.
- One in five LGBT people (19 per cent) aren’t out to any healthcare professional about their sexual orientation when seeking general medical care. This number rises to 40 per cent of bi men and 29 per cent of bi women.
- One in seven LGBT people (14 per cent) have avoided treatment for fear of discrimination because they're LGBT.
What we are doing...
- The Good Practice is an active member of the Central London Community Trust Rainbow Network.
- We are reviewing our policies to be inclusive and support the LGBTQ+ Community.
- All staff are undertaking training to be sensitive and supportive to the needs of the LGBTQ+ community.
- We are developing services to support end of life care and the elderly.
- Our mission statement: To provide our patients with high quality, accessible care in a safe, responsive and courteous manner.
P3 - LGBT* family network - http://www.thep3network.com
Stonewall Workplace Equality Index - https://www.stonewall.org.uk/workplace-equality-index
CliniQ [Dean Street]: - http://dean.st/cliniq/
56 Dean Street - http://dean.st/
Health Charity:Spectra based at St Charles Centre [North Kensington]:https://spectra-london.org.uk/trans-gender-services/